Oct 15, 2009

Trick to being cheated is to learn how to cheat.




The Brothers Bloom is the story of two con artist brothers set up to make one last score before they part ways. The actors in this film are spot-on perfect. I love that Steven's cons are compared to a Russian novelist's plots. And Rachel Weisz & Rinko Kikuchi both steal every scene they are in. It's filmed in a very clever way and written even better. I love this movie.


My only complaint is that I never understood Diamond Dog very much. Maybe I missed something, but I was a bit mystified by that character.

All in all this film gets an 8.5 from me. Watch it!

2 comments:

  1. Duly noted! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my eye on this for awhile + now that it's on DVD, even more so. Thanks for the suggestion. I adore Rachel Weisz.

    ReplyDelete