Gar! Blogger is refusing to post pictures. Hence a picture-less list-full post.
- I've cut two big bouquets of peonies and the smell in the house is absolutely heady.
- The phrase of the moment for me is "forward momentum". This consists of making all sorts of progress small and large on home and personal projects. Today I collected up all the un-usable household chemicals to drop off at the collection point, scheduled a pick-up for an old mattress that's been taking up basement space, and replaced some switchplates. Even though I can't tackle a bathroom remodel all in one go, I can make incremental house progress.
- Salon appointment is scheduled. I hate all the time it takes when I go to get a cut and color, but I just gotta make it happen.
- I've been taking a camera with me on my regular neighborhood wanderings. I have a new idea for the front yard. And pictures! That Blogger won't let me upload! Gar! Also the boy-o and I may have agreed on a patio project we both can get behind.
- My little brother and I got to talking about books we wanted to read but had never gotten around to. Suddenly, we're doing a sibling read-a-long. The first book will be a Russian classic. Love projects like this!
- My garden is chock full of heirloom tomatoes, but I'm still squeezing more in. Today's addition - Purple Dog Creek.
- This week, I've been experimenting with sangria recipes. Mmmmmm peaches in red wine!
- I'm battling a small case of poison ivy from a recent volunteer project. It's driving me nuts. Feel free to share any sure-thing remedies. Technu soap (my usual go-to) is not doing the trick.