May 20, 2011

Lifelong


As Always, Julia is the collected letter between Julia Child and Avis DeVoto.  My biggest complain about the book is the cover photo.  It is sweet, but as the story of a friendship, I think they should have gone with this snapshot:

How comfortable and cooly theirselves do these ladies look?  As made plain by my blog's title, I am a huge fan of Julia Child.  She was an amazing woman.  This collection only made my devotion more firm.

The correspondence between these two began with a letter from Julia to Avis's husband about an article he wrote on knives.  From that sprung a lifelong friendship.

I would recommend this book to readers who loved My Life in France and want to dive deeper.  I loved peaking into their talks on politics, family and cooking.  Wonderful read!  8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment