Feb 4, 2012

Shadow side


I generally get all my books by reserving them in advance at the library (I can't afford my reading habit at all) and then picking them up.  Every now and then, I make time for browsing and discoveries outside of Goodreads and Nancy Pearl podcast suggestions. 

Payback is one I found while wandering the library.  Margaret Atwood's name caught my eye in a section that I'd never think to look for her work in.  The book s nonfiction and it is all about the history and the nature of debt.  It includes mythology, literature, and society.  It has rather little to do with the recent financial crisis.

I enjoyed the way she worked her way through the topic at least until the last chapter which felt a bit like an environmental morality play bonking me over the head.  5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment