Mar 23, 2011

Rescue gone awry


Mine is a documentary that tells the stories of dogs rescued from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.  Like everyone else, I remember watching the news coverage of New Orleans in utter disbelief and anger.  The speed in which the collective public has moved on is insane.

This film looks at a small piece of the disaster.  It tells the stories of families whose pets were rescued but not returned - either intentionally or because of a disorganized system.  At times watching this, both my husband and I talked about how much we wanted to start punching people.  Luckily, there is redemption in seeing how many people volunteered time and resources to reunite pets and families (and do the rescue in the first place!)

And if this subject matter interests you, you should check out the book Out of Harm's Way - a really well told story of animal rescue efforts during disasters.

1 comment:

  1. I am not allowed to watch these types of movies or shows, my poor boyfriend can't handle me afterward.

    ReplyDelete