Apr 24, 2011

Realization


I totally fell into this novel, and it's forcing me to admit that I do not dislike epistolary novels.  Which Brings Me to You is a story told in correspondence between a couple who meet and almost hook up at a wedding.  They decide to confess all their relationship misdeeds to each other through letters and come clean before deciding to meet up again.

It sounds gimmiky and like a bad Owen Wilson / Kat Hudson romantic comedy, but it is so good.  These letters get dark and very confessional and they stay honest.  There's a good bit of humor thrown in for good measure too.  Overall, I really enjoyed the letters - the real interaction between the characters didn't convince me near as much.  Luckily for me, the book is 98% letters.

7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment