Jan 12, 2010

Pirates and mermaids and natives


I listened to Peter and the Starcatchers on my mp3 player over the last week. It was a fun and dare I say rollicking kind of story. The beginning parts found me giggling a great deal (which had some of my fellow gym-goers giving me odd looks).
This is the prequel to the classic tale of Peter Pan. The authors diverge a bit from the original story, but they do it in pretty interesting ways. The fellow who read the book does a fantastic job with all the voices. The ending bit was a little too madcap - with everyone after one particular treasure that was constantly changing hands.
Apprently this book is published by a Disney subsiderary and is in preproduction for a 3D Disney animated movie. Never a big fan of Disney, I don't see myself ever trying to catch this one on screen, but it is a fun listen. I give it a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment