Feb 8, 2010

My personal heroine


I simply adore Julia Child. She was a marvelous lady. And if you haven't read My Life in France yet, I implore you to. I was curious enough to watch Julie & Julia even though I hated the book. Just as I expected, I still hated the Julie parts about the New Yorker cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook, but I adored Meryl Streep as Julia. She was so good!
I heard an interview on NPR where Julia Child was described as, ""a Christmas tree – she was huge and twinkled. She looked nothing like anyone."
The Julia parts were good enough to warrant a 6 outta 10 stars in my book, but don't feel bad if you decide to fast forward through the Julie Powell bits.

1 comment:

  1. She was a big part of my growing up, I used to watch her show + was astonished to find out that we were born in the same place. With that voice I thought she was British.

    ReplyDelete