Aug 4, 2009

Sad household

(Picture by Algo)

Woke up on my 30th birthday to an entirely yellow world - like an oversaturated filmstrip. That sort of thing feels promising and auspicious.

Ended the day in the worst kind of funk. We had to put one of our cats to sleep. Eleanor, the shyest, softest, purrs-like-an-engine cat with lynx-ish tufted ears, was so ill and nothing could be done for the sweet babe. We're a sad household tonight. Give your critters an extra scritch behind the ears tonight for Ellie.

5 comments:

  1. Snapplekitty & I are thinking about you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Eleanor. I had to put my sweet kitty to sleep a couple of years ago after 15 years together. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, i'm so sorry to hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry to hear about Eleanor, and also... that i missed your birthday! What a dufus I am. Was there a sparkle somewhere in the day?

    ReplyDelete