Aug 10, 2009

Zipped right through



If only I could remember who reviewed this! One of the brilliant blogs I read reviewed this which made me pick it right up. I raced through it in a day.

And Only to Deceive is a Victorian mystery novel about a newlywed and suddenly widowed woman who discovers more and more about her deceased husband until she becomes kind of obsessed and falls in love with him. Looking into his character reveals more and more questions about the kind of man he was and the dealings he was involved in.

Very quick and cleverly conceived plot. Mostly fluffish by the end though - like a more clever less bodice ripping Amanda Quick novel.

I'll give it a middle of the roadish 5. Fun but forgettable.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds really entertaining to me, given that I am on a mystery kick right now.

    ReplyDelete