Apr 5, 2009

Cheese-tastic


I must first admit that I am not intentionally on a teenagers forced to murder eachother spree. Although it very much appears so. Battle Royale had been on my to-see list since they reviewed it on Filmspotting. It just happened that I received it shortly after finishing The Hunger Games.
In this crazy film, Japan has decided to start punishing whole classes of teenagers for getting out of hand. This particular class started not showing up, and so they are lured back to school and hauled off to a deserted island.
Their angry and unrepentant teacher tells them that the only way off the island is to be the last person standing at the end of three days. They give them each a weapon and out they go.
You can totally see how much Tarantino must have loved this film. Its completely full of gore and crazy deaths. I give it a 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment