Sep 5, 2009

Innocence


Don't you love this cover? I would hang it on a wall if I could.

The Story Girl is a sweet tale of innocence and camaraderie and childhood.

A series of happenings in the lives of eight kids (many of them cousins) who pal around together on Prince Edward Island. There's no Anne Shirley in this, but if you love Anne then you'd like the Story Girl and her pack of friends.

It's no life changing book, but I enjoyed escaping to Prince Edwards Island and dipping into simple childish tales. The story girl herself is no perfect creature, and you get the feeling that Montgomery may have identified even closer with this character than any other. Just a guess though since I have yet to read all of Montgomery's books. I give this one a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment