May 7, 2009

Clarence & Alabama


I will confess to an avid preteen love for Christian Slater. My best friend and I would rent his films over and over and paste pictures of him on our walls. And so many of those films were painfully schlocky (Bed of Roses or Untamed Heart anyone?).
I'm so glad we never stumbled upon True Romance. Because the title would have sucked us in instantly, and it would have all been hunky dory - until it came to the most brutal ass whooping I've ever seen on film. I covered my eyes!

I adored the main characters of this. Alabama is a crazy bad ass girl. Clarence is a doll and I loved his Elvis obsession. And Tarantino wrote it. I'm convinced Tarantino was read some pretty messed up bedtime stories as a kid, but I enjoy the results.
I give this one a 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment