May 15, 2009

Needs a warning label


I popped in Terms of Endearment in my quest to watch more Oscar flicks. Only vaguely familiar with it, I think I only knew of the car scene on the beach. I did not know what I was in for.




This sweet film revolves around a mother and daughter. I loved how Debra Winger portrayed the daughter throughout the film- always a bit awkwardish but slowly maturing. Shirley MacLaine is perfect.



What they need a warning for is the fact that this film will leave you sobbing. I'm talking about crying uncontrollably with an ache in the pit of your stomach. But only the good ones can affect you like that, correct? This one gets a 9 by me?
Anyone seen the sequel? Is it worth it?

1 comment:

  1. I watched that movie in college, and have watched it ever since when I need a big fat cry! How about when she says good bye to her angry son? I hadn't even had kids then, it would totally wreck me now! Didn't know there was a sequel, but I'll have to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete