May 19, 2009

Here to recruit you

The movie Milk is so very very good, and you should be watching it if you haven't all ready. Not only is it chock full of great acting and really interesting creative story-telling, its also one of those movies that has a great message but doesn't let itself get hung all up on the message.

Everyone knows that the tale ends in tragedy (and if you don't they tell you immediately). However, they balance it all out with such joy. They show Milk as a person determined to make a difference but who never stops living life to the fullest. Its a wonderful portrait.



Also, is there anything James Franco can't pull off? I'm starting to pay attention.

The only sour point is Diego Luna. I cringed everytime he was on screen. Partly due to his performance but probably even more because they never really explained why that relationship went on for as long as it did. Surely, someone could shed some light on their romance besides not having to talk politics. I felt bad about the whole thing.

I give this one a 9. Terrific film that is really well made.

2 comments:

  1. I am really hoping to see this soon. I always think I'm not going to like Sean Penn for some reason, but I've loved pretty much everything I've seen him in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, James Franco is someone to keep an eye on.

    ReplyDelete