May 31, 2009

Finally

I lurve Tarantino flicks, so why did it take me so damn long to see Death Proof?

Its the stories of two groups of girls who have run-ins with Stuntman Mike. I loved the Austin setting in the first one - so many of the details were spot on perfect. Julia felt like a bit much at times and Rose McGowan was all kinds of dreadful, but the rest of the casting was good. Vanessa Ferlito is so good as Butterfly.



In the second story, I loved the casting - especially Zoe Bell, the Australian stunt woman, and Tracie Thoms, the stunt driver.
I immediately downloaded the entire soundtrack as well. Its good. I give it a 6.

2 comments:

  1. The fake previews scared me the most when I saw Grindhouse at the cinema. The thing with the turkey... and the trampoline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one. The first half was so dark and left you kind of with your jaw open, and then the second half was pretty hilarious. I love how Tarantino can do that.

    ReplyDelete