Jul 2, 2009

In which Claire overuses the word "lame" but still gives a positive review


I will admit to finidng the Sookie Stackhouse books lacking, but I kinda like the True Blood series. I love the parallel of vampire rights to the current equal rights movement. And the world built around that dynamic is so complete.




However, the main romance is lackluster to say the least. It feels like a Lifetime movie love story. Sookie is lame. Bill is lamer. Bleh. The vampires are so uncool (except for Eddie - the rest are L-A-M-E).

Tara & Sam though feel like real people to me. Love Tara (and the fact that the actress playing her can actually act!) Sam's character is intriguing although my fingers itch to cut that bad bad hair.


And Lafayette is a delight.


Worth watching! I give the first season a 7.

2 comments:

  1. Have to report that I had my doubts about this show, but someone recently told me about "fangbangers" and so I'm going to have to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - the fangbanger aspect and the vampires demanding equal rights theme is very very interesting.

    ReplyDelete